FRENCH CHIC SHOE LESSON 101: RED SHOES POPS A SIMPLE LBD, A LA
I’ll Have What She’s Having: The right, bright shoe with a classic LBD is oh soooo French Chic!
Less is more when the elements are right in this French Chic Shoe Lesson 101.
Berenice Bejo, of the The Artist fame, totally gets it when it comes to adding a bit of personalization and pizzazz to a LBD. Just look at her pictured here, earlier at a photocall at the Cannes Film Festival.
Truth be told: This is my favorite red carpet as it’s less about Hollywood schmaltz and more about class.
>> WATCH: How to accessorize a LBD
The Argentinian born French actress has all the elements of classic French simplicity that is ageless, timeless, and very chic.
Let’s analyze why so you can get the look yourself:
- Simple, pulled back, yet styled, natural color hair (that’s no reality show Repunzal hair extensions)
- Better than bare natural makeup and skin tone (hint, hint- so cheesy fake tan)
- A beautifully cut little black dress with 3/4 sleeves that make it seasonless and flattering on all arm types. As a matter of fact, I snagged a very similiar dress at asample sale and just love it.
- Her LBD fall right above the knee lending a young feel (no, tush-baring blouse mascarading as a dress)
- All would be elegant and simple, but there is the unexpected pop of a bright red shoe by way of an ankle strap sandal!
- >> VISIT: Shoe Shopping Guides
Well, not that unexpected as the right pair of red shoes (besides ballet flats) are a must-have in a French Chic wardrobe- or any other clean, primary-based color, like electric blue or emerald green.
- Ah, it’s a sandal right? So Berenice’s pedicure sports what is now become classic dark nail polish, not a matchy-matchyred or a crazy trendy color.
Just lovely! What do you think? Please comment below…