Author, Speaker and 9/11 Advocate
Christopher Santora Scholarship Fund
Languages I speak
Would you like all contact to be directed to your PR Representative?
PR Representative First Name
PR Representative Last Name
PR Representative E-mail
PR Representative Phone
Please list your areas of Expertise
Summarize your expertise in greater detail
Maureen Santora (retired staff developer and educator - Dept. of Education NYC- 27 years of service) lost her only son Christopher (age 23) on September 11, 2001. Christopher was one of the youngest firefighters to die that day. She holds a B.A (Pace University-Psychology/Educ... an M.S. (Hunter College - Special Education), an MAS (Bank Street College - School Administration) and 30 post graduate credits in education. She was awarded Teacher of the Year in District 30, Queens in 1990 and 2000. She has been a docent at the Tribute Center since 2005 and is a member and board member of the advisory committee for the Sept. 11 Education Trust, working on the National curriculum of Sept 11, 2001. She is the author of 3 children's books on September 11 2001: "The Day the Towers Fell"," My Son Christopher," and "We Remember." She has been a volunteer at the National Fallen Firefighter Foundation since 2002. She is an advocate for justice regarding numerous issues regarding September 11, 2001 including FDNY radio failures, human remains at Fresh Kills, issues regarding the Memorial and Museum, and safety of new construction in NYC. She is a member of several 9/11 groups.
Books & Articles Published
The Day The Towers Fell: The Story of September 11, 2001
My Son Christopher: A 9/11 Mother's Tale of Remembrance
Awards, Associations & Memberships
Teacher of the Year in District 30, Queens,NY in 1990 and 2000
docent at the 9/11 Tribute Center
board member of the advisory committee for the Sept. 11 Education Trust, working on the National curriculum of Sept 11, 2001
National Fallen Firefighter Foundation
Respect Human Remains at the 9/11 Memorial board member
- Associated Press: May 2, 2011
- CBS Early Show: May 5, 2011
- WLOX 13 ABC News (RNN): May 6, 2011
- WIS 10 Columbia, SC News (RNN): May 6, 2011
- CBS New York Channel 2 News: May 3, 2011
- CBN News: May 3, 2011
- 89.3 KPCC Southern California Public Radio: May 2, 2011
- The Washington Post: Associated Press content: May 2,2011
- The Boston Globe: Associated Press content: May 2, 2011 http://www.boston.com/news...
- USA Today: Associated Press content: May 2, 2011
- The Telegraph: Associated Press content: May 2, 2011 http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
- ABC News: AP content: May 2, 2011
- Rocford Register Star: AP content: May 5, 2011
- The Christian Science Monitor: May 5, 2011
Highlights from the past decade
- USA Today: Families of 9/11 victims gather to watch Moussaoui trial: March 6,2006 http://www.usatoday.com/ne...
- NPR: New York Releases One-Sided 911 Recordings: March 31, 2006
- Fox News: AP content: Victim’s Families Relay Different Views on Moussaoui Verdict
- MSNBC News: AP Content: 9/11 victims’ Families mixed about Moussaoui
- CNN Presents Firehouse 54-4: A Larry King Special: September 25, 2006
- Life Magazine: Images from Guantanamo Terror Trials, December 8, 2008
- Fox News: 9/11 Families Urge Obama to Continue Guantanamo Terror Trials, January 25, 2009 http://www.foxnews.com/pol...
- New York Channel 1: December 24,2010 http://manhattan.ny1.com/c...
- CNN The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer: Terror Trial Reversal: April 4, 2011 http://transcripts.cnn.com...
She holds a B.A (Pace University-Psychology/Educ... an M.S. (Hunter College - Special Education), an MAS (Bank Street College - School Administration) and 30 post graduate credits in education.
Office Address 1
1431 Greewary Dr. Suite 610
Show My Contact Details To
Twitter Handle (e.g., @profnet)