Being a freelance writer can be rewarding: You can work from home, make your own schedule, and choose your clients. But it also comes with its own unique challenges: how to find work, the ins and outs of contracts, tax issues for small businesses, and many other issues they don’t necessarily address in journalism school.
Whether you are new to freelancing or have numerous bylines under your belt, I’m sure there is a question you would like to pose to your fellow freelancers. So ask away! Drop me a line and I’ll do my best to get it answered.
Here are some of the questions we’ve already addressed:
- How to get started in freelancing
- Non-writing skills for writers
- The benefits of attending conferences
- How to pitch a humor column
- How to pitch a how-to/informational column
- How to keep up with industry news
- How to keep sources organized
- Tax planning for freelancers
- Pinterest for writers
Thanks, and happy freelancing!