If you’re a journalist, you’ve likely used ProfNet to submit a query for experts, but did you know we have other services, beyond queries, that can help you find expert sources quickly – and at no cost?
In addition to our query service, which you can find here, we also offer:
Via Expert Alerts, you receive an email alerting you to experts who are available to talk about timely topics related to your coverage area. Alerts include the expert’s info, a brief quote regarding the expert's knowledge on the topic, a link to the expert’s bio and social media profile(s), and direct contact info for the PR person and/or expert. You can view examples of Expert Alerts here.
Expert Alerts are available in three editions:
- Business, Finance & Technology (Mondays)
- Government, Law, Education & Science (Wednesdays)
- Health, Entertainment & Living (Fridays)
To sign up for any (or all) editions of Expert Alerts, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Launched in September 2011, ProfNet Connect is a free online community for media professionals, experts, key influencers and PR professionals to network and communicate with one another.
On ProfNet Connect, you can:
- search more than 48,000 profiles by keyword and contact the experts directly, either via the website or by email.
- view job opportunities and expert roundups
- read educational blog posts that provide tips, advice and updates of interest to industry professionals
- contribute blog posts to drive traffic back to your own blog
As with all of PR Newswire’s services for journalists, ProfNet is always free for media professionals looking for experts.
Other helpful links:
ProfNet reporter FAQ: bit.ly/fVI97f
ProfNet’s guidelines on submitting queries: bit.ly/faPgQC
How to submit a ProfNet query: bit.ly/iFriK1
If you ever have any questions about ProfNet and any of our services, please don't hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com
ProfNet: We're more than just queries.