Area(s) of expertise: CEO leadership & technology economy
Summary of expertise:
• Advice for current and aspiring CEOs, the technology economy, Texas for business
• Forbes contributor: http://www.forbes.com/sites/joeltrammell/
• Chairman, Austin Technology Council
• Co-founder and Managing Partner, Lone Rock Technology Group
• Former CEO, Austin-based Cache IQ, acquired by NetApp in 2012
• Former co-founder and CEO of NetQoS, acquired by CA Technologies in 2009
• Serves on the boards of several companies, including Black Box Corp.
Blog/Web site: http://theamericanceo.com
• Forbes.com: How To Make Company Employees Think Like Their CEO http://www.forbes.com/sites/joeltrammell/2013/05/21/how-to-make-company-employees-think-like-their-ceo/
• Forbes.com: CEOs Must Own Recruiting: 10 Rules For Building A Top-Notch Function http://www.forbes.com/sites/joeltrammell/2013/04/17/ceos-must-own-recruiting-10-rules-for-building-a-top-notch-function/
• Texas CEO Magazine: The Lazy CEO: The Art of Suppressing the Need to “Fix” Everything http://texasceomagazine.com/departments/the-lazy-ceo/
• The American CEO blog: 10 Steps to a Nine Figure+ Exit http://theamericanceo.com/2013/01/17/10-steps-to-a-nine-figure-exit/
• Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award, Austin region, 2006
• Austin Business Journal Private Company Executive of the Year, 2006
Prior media experience:
Extensive experience in discussing everything from advice for CEOs to enterprise software to the economic outlook for technology. Recently quoted in Fortune: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/02/21/the-california-tax-that-terrifies-tech/?source=linkedin
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Louisiana Tech University.
• Former instructor at the Naval Nuclear Power School
No comments have been made.