Summary of expertise:
Dr. Whipple, certified sexuality educator, sexuality counselor, and sex researcher is the Secretary General of the World Association for Sexual Health and Professor Emerita at Rutgers University. She has a BS in Nursing from Wagner College, a Masters in Counseling, a Masters in Nursing, and a PhD in Psychobiology, with a major in Neurophysiology, Rutgers University. Her research focuses on women's health and sexual physiology of women. She is coauthor of "The Enhancement of Female Sexual Function with ArginMax" JSMT 2006. She has over 40 years of experience helping women to feel better about themselves, as a nurse, educator, and researcher. She is author of international bestseller The G-Spot and Other Discoveries about Human Sexuality, has appeared on over 250 radio and TV programs and published over 160 research articles and book chapters. She has been featured in many magazines and was named one of the 50 most influential scientists in the world by The New Scientist.
The G Spot and Other Discoveries About Human Sexuality, which has been translated into 19 languages and was re-published as a Classic 23 years later in 2005. Her other books are Safe Encounters: How Women can say Yes to Pleasure and No to Unsafe Sex, Smart Women, Strong Bones, Outwitting Osteoporosis, and The Science of Orgasm (2006, Johns Hopkins Univ. press)
* President, Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (2002-2003)
* Director, International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health (2002-2004).
* President-elect, Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
* Past-President- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists
* Vice President - World Association for Sexology(2001-2005)
* Distinguished Scientific Achievement Award- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
* Award for outstanding research in clinical and educational sexology.
* Fellow - American Academy of Nursing
* Fellow - Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
* Fellow - American Academy of Clinical Sexologists
* Excellence in Nursing Research - New Jersey State Nurses Association
* Hugo Beigel Award for Research Excellence & Best Article in the Journal of Sex Research
Prior media experience:
Dr. Whipple has appeared on over 250 radio and TV programs and has been featured in many magazines. She has delivered over 600 talks and keynote speeches, published over 160 research articles and book chapters.
Dr. Whipple is a Professor Emerita at Rutgers University of NJ. She has a BS in Nursing from Wagner College, a Masters in Counseling, a Masters in Nursing, and a PhD in Psychobiology, with a major in Neurophysiology, from Rutgers University.
No comments have been made.